Lols again failing at blogging but I’ve been trying really hard to read more recently. I don’t know why I hate reading like I wish so much that I liked it but I really don’t. Anyways, I’ve been trying really hard to read Jesus is ___ by Judas Smith atm.
Just this chapter on grace really does make me think about the way I live and whether I live focussed on Jesus and in grace or whether its more on my own accord with rules and regulations.
I feel like during dry times, it’s Jesus that we all lose focus of. Quoting the book ‘When we focus on Jesus instead of a code of conduct, when grace changes our desires so we are internally motivated and not just externally restrained, we become a lot more fun to be around. Its much better advertising for holiness than biting people’s heads off.’ I know for me that following rules is so much easier and well putting it bluntly it is so much easier to just judge by rule setting and not having to deal with grace and then way it changes you and makes you seek something more.
I wish that I would be able to be someone that is strong, lives an effortless life, just knows what they’re doing but the bleak reality is I’m totally not like that as much as I wish. What I really wanna be like is to be able to live in grace and to know that even when everythings not the way I want, when all seems lost that I have Jesus; i have a hope, just to know that hes there to go its alright. One of my fav quotes from Jesus is __ is ‘If you choose o live by grace and not by rules, you are in for some messy moments. But once you’ve embraced grace, you’ll never let go.’ I long to live like this just living off grace and being able to let go of everything else.
Funny I was coincidentally listening to I Can Feel You by Bethel Music and just this one line ‘there is nothing in this world that will satisfy my soul like you do.’ Really makes me think…
I long to just grow and be able to fully give up everything and live in grace once more and be satisfied truly by Jesus.
xx Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment