Sunday, 15 December 2013

Farmer Life

I tried really hard to blog every day but damn it's hard and I'm so sleepy hahhaha pretty much today was pretty chill. Not very many highlights. Rain and yum cha with the grandparents. 

what I do have is vague memories of yesterday trekking to Lamar Island, specifically tai O and ye O. Both little villages I guess you would call them. 
 
The highlight of it all would have to be Ye O. To get there we caught a small boat to a little wharf. There we walked till we reached a little farm. It was there we set to work harvesting rice and then whacking the stalk with rice onto a wooden board in a massive bucket. I feel like I'm explaining this very badly but I'm defs not set out to become a farmer unlike my sis who really liked it hahaha

It's really funny that one of the biggest highlight was pulling out radishes. I could do it all day. Basically you look for the radish sticking out the ground the most. We all got to pull one out and it home. At the time we all pulled out the fattest radishes we could see and we're very very excited. It wasn't until we began the hour or so trek back that we realised how heavy it all was. 
I think I'm currently experiencing jet lag which is what I will blame my incoherentness on. Anyways let some of my bad pics do some talking. 

Xxx Jo 









No comments:

Post a Comment