I said I would blog and to tell the truth I did type a post 3 days ago but it never posted and somewhere between Frankfurt and Rome it disappeared.
I type now travelling from Verona to Milan. Legit this is really intensive. I'm only 7 hours behind which compared to Australia (10 hours) is a lot better.
Recap on the journey so far. It started with a flight from Hong Kong to Frankfurt and then from Frankfurt to Rome. Even before landing Europe looks amazing from the sky. Just flying around the lights and the landscape is unlike anywhere else.
Rome was the first proper European City I've ever been to. After going to Florence and Venice, there's just a really touristy thing about Rome which makes it not as nice.
Before heading into Florence we went to David's square, I think, which overlooks all of Florence. It's legit so amazing with the river running through the centre and the dome roofs of churches. The streets are cobble roads and all the buildings are amazing. I love all the shutters and colours.
One thing I have notified in Italy is the amazing driving. Legit people fit into spots that aren't even spots and manoeuvre the narrow streets so easily. Just the speed and narrowness of everything, I'm in awe of. Really hoping I become this amazing at driving.
Yesterday I was in Venice. Ive dreamed of going there from a young age. Just the way that the water and bridges and buildings for together is really magical. Went on a gondola ride and yet again amazed how they manage to make the sharpest turns. The stillness and quietness of the little lanes makes it even more special. I was asked whether it stunk hahah and tbh there are stinky places in random alleys but it's not too bad.
Like all the churches look amazing as well especially the one in the Vatican. It's so big yet it doesn't look that big. It's so perfectly proportioned to not look that big but when you think about how it's like at least 15m high it's cray.
I feel like I'm always sleepy so time for a nap as it begins to sprinkle.
xx Jo
(Currently at Autogrill which are stops along highways for people to rest. I legit love them. Really good sandwiches. We'll not really sandwiches cos they're like diff bread with amazing fillings like with different cheeses and prosciutto and the like. ) end with random collection of photos cos I cbs












No comments:
Post a Comment