I always have epiphanies in the shower and today was no difference. The only difference was that normally it's about how I can solve a problem or fix something but today it was more realising a problem. Recently i haven't been blogging a lot and it comes back to where I am. How everything in my life seems alright and how from there it's so easy to drift from God.
Especially this holiday for me, I've been very filled up and busy. I really live being busy but there really comes a time where you realise there's so much going on that your priorities seem like they're not right. This holidays my priorities have been about many things but one thing it hasn't been about is God.
I've grown up around Christianity and Jesus and in a way that's made my drifting more hard to see. I know you should read the bible everyday so I've been doing that just as a chore and even prayer has been back to routine with the same Dear God please help this day to be for you Amen. There's nothing wrong with that prayer but its when it becomes something you cos you have to that becomes an issue.
It's times like this when you really just sit and think about how amazing God and just what a big problem he has loving people that never deliver to his standards, people that go against him, people that don't obey. To know he still loves you and still gives you a chance is something that no one or nothing else can give you.
One song that I always love listening to in times like this is running in circle because it really just sums it all up. How we run from God and we think we don't need him and focus our lives on other things but then at the end of the day what we really need is God.
I pray that we all really see our problems and deal with them and that we remember that all we need is God.
Xxx Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment