Thursday, 27 September 2012

27/09/12 - Holiday Mode

I always say its so easy to forget God when you're not really struggling and when things are going well. Its so easy to go today was pretty good dont needa pray or read the bible cos im still good with God and this is a one off. For me especially in the holidays its so easy to slack off and go today ive got this this and this and really forget to find time for God.

Today I had a youth group outting where we had lunch then went to koorong (a Christian bookstore) Im not much of a reader. I love the idea of reading and buying books but in the actual doing bit well i suck at that. I guess its also like how i like to talk but i dont do as well listening and readings sorta like listening..idk what im trying to say but the point is I'm really finding especialyl this holidays that Im putting God more behind and really gettting distracted by my numerous events and outings.

This holidays Ive had a jam packed calender legit with things on every day and ive been asked numerous times why dont you take a break and just do nothing. In many ways Im not a do nothing person. I love doing stuff; i HAVE to do stuff. I would longer take a longer route and feel like im moving then wait and take the shorter route to get to the final destination at the same time. I guess with this it makes it really hard for me to really just be free and really just have that time to reflect and think. In many ways I try to fool myself by going Im gonna wake early then do my devotions and read my Bible but of course im not a morning person and even when i wake early i just dont function very well.

So for the rest of the holidays I really am gonna challenge myself and anyone else with free time or on holidays to continue with devotions everyday and to continue to grow your relationship with God even in good times. Im also quite excited to read a book which Ive been told quite a bit about called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Shall tell you soon when i finish (give me like a few weeks though. Theres 205 pages hahah)

All for now.
xxxx Jo
ps. time to drink the juice i shoved in the freezer like 20mins ago. really hope its not frozen solid. I've been having juice cravings recently. I use to drink juice like water cos i thought water tasted too plain then my mum heard from some other parent that juice stops your growth so that was the end of juice for me. But now i kinda stopped growing so i buy poppers cos you dont have to drink as much haha. enough about my juice drinking habits. Go read your bible ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment