I always find it really ironic when I have a dilemna and then i go do my quiet time or i read my bible and find something that really relates to what Ive been thinking or struggling with. Really this happenned yesterday for me and its actually something that Im pretty sure alot of people feel.
As silly as this may sound, one of my most recent things has been why doesnt God give me some hard life problem! I love listening to other people grow closer to God through going through some rough time and really leaning and relying on God but it also makes me pretty jealous. At the moment I can pretty much describe my relationship with God as pretty good and really cruisy. The thing I've really wanted was to really have some problem and have some issue. Its really i guess cos in bad times you really realise that you need God and you just depend on him so much more. It was yesterday ironicly that my devotion actually was talking about how we should be thankful in good and bad times and in many ways going to God and learning and growing should be all the time, whether good or bad.
Even funnier is how at the time (around 4 hours ago) i had no problems and every thing seemed to be going smoothly. Now im stressing and I mean stressing (like mass eating anything I can get my hands and like nearly ripping my hair out) about organising teams for touch footy. Its really funny how I was wishing for some problem but its now when I get the problem that I'm really going WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME??? this isn't really the type of problem I wanted.
In many ways as I continue to stress and ive spent 3 hours doing every single humanly thing i can do, it really reminds me of how well God is in control of everything. Even sport which I don't really go to him first about. In many ways this would be where my fav vs comes in Jeremiah 29:11. 'For i know the plans I have for you,' Declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future' I honestly live by that vs cos its just something so comforting for me espeically to remember that its EVERYTHING that God knows whats best for. Even for something as random as touch footy I can pray and give it all to God and its just such an amazing freeing experience, giving everything to God.
xxxxx Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment