Wednesday, 1 August 2012

01/08/12 - Hebrews 11

I try to conserve my post to not more than one a day but I just read through Hebrews 11 and it's just so incredible. For those who want to check it out and have no bible or can't be bothered to find it. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+11&version=NIV this has become one of my favourite passages especially now when it's Olympics and I'm tossing up between my daily devotions or that half an hour more of Olympics.

For me this passage is amazing because it links all those stories. All the history of Israel; everything I grew up learning; all the stories; characters and it just puts it simply, that they did everything as a result of faith. It's not because they are amazing geniuses or were just lucky, it was cos of how they believed eventhough they didn't know what was ahead of them.

I normally cringe at having to read a whole chapter, let alone something that seems to be so repetitive but I guess it is the combination of prayer and asking for your heart to be opened that you trully see how amazing this all is. The best part for me is that these people all conquered through faith. They didn't ever have to do anything except believe and trust and in some ways to just put faith in something is a lot harder than having to do work. All of us have this opportunity, a chance to be able to exercise our faith in our own life with what God has in store for us.

I don't even know if this all makes sense, it's getting late and the olympics have screwed my sleeping pattern but I pray that it is through faith we will all live, knowing that something greater awaits us all and that this isn't the end.
Xxxxx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment