As I did my usual thing to day on that dreaded elliptical machine for my 20mins of cardio. Being me, I was thinking really about how killing myself for a good 30mins was really helping and whether.. well there was a way to avoid exercise yet still become fit. The best ideas i came up with was subtly tricking myself and taking mini detours where i went in order to 'not' exercise or just to not bother and hope that i just had the gene where you just remain skinny.
In a way this is sorta like living as a Christian. Like you know what you need to do yet it seems hard and you want to avoid it. You try and do other things to make up for what you're not doing or you just try to trick your mind and say that you've done. Yet in truth we all know that we havent really done that task until we've done and conquered what we dont want to do. i dont know if that makes sense.. haha
I love doing exercise. I say i hate it and its the thing I dread doign but I love the feeling afterwards. It just feels so good to know that you've accomplished something and that your closer to become fit and one of those really sporty people (something i'll probably never be).
The idea of a Christian life being a race is quite cliche and one of those examples where i straight away think at the Olympics track running with a trillion other people. I also find the idea of looking to the future and to what we have in store in heaven pretty hard. Like its a lovely idea of being happy, pain free, never hungry etc. but its so hard to imagine.
I press on toward the goal to win the prizefor which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12Today while I was doing my exercising I really got that idea of focusing on something and being able to achieve it. When I do things I always set mini goals in order to get to the final goal so i try to aim for every five mins and when I'm really struggling every minute which is one closer to the end, all the time thinking about the end goal of finshing and having really good muscles hahah. In the same way its like with life you have to keep focusing on God in order and put God as your reason for everything.
I dont really know why i bother doing exercise but its good cos im finding its a great time to pray and really reflect on life which then helps me to pass the minutes. Anyways
xxxx Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment