Wednesday, 22 August 2012

22/08/12 - Back on the Road

I've recently.. well just then.. realised I really suck at maths so im taking a break ahahhaha. Everything's been really exciting recently and Ive really enjoyed all these deep conversations Ive been able to have with others and really discuss faith, religion and God. 

Happy to say that Im finally back focussing on God and there really is a difference. The lightness you feel is just so amazing. Ive half been deciding recently whether to get baptised. Its been a pretty long debate, couple of months now. For a moment there I was seriously doubting whether I really was a Christian and whether I was really ready to publicly give up my life for God. 

After a lot of thinking and stuff I think that Im ready. It seems so much easier to make such a big decision when you're young. I first started thinking about baptism when I was around ten. I think I was reading about someone like Amy Carmicheal, a missionary to India, who got baptised when she was 10. At the time I decided that I wanted to be the youngest person to be baptised and ...well I was a Christian anyways so why not? It's once you put something like that on hold and really grow that you realise that you aren't perfect and that God is slightly crazy to love someone so hopeless and far from perfect and that's one of the most amazing and hard things about Christianity. 

One of my FAVOURITE FAVOURITE verses that really shows how amazing God is, is Romans 5:6-8. Its quite a bit to read but its just such an amazing passage. 
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
 I think that pretty much says it all and its just one of the greatest things on earth. So exciting this week, I get to have afternoon tea with the girl who isnt Christian who i spoke about religion to again. Also remembering the power of prayer and just praying that God will be the centre of my life and that I will be compelled to do anything for Him as a result of his amazing gift for me.

xxx Jo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment