Sunday, 5 August 2012

05/08/12 - Random to Reality

I have a thing for randomly coming up with things then pursuing those things. My most recent thing is I've decided I'm gonna attempt to write a book. This is even quite strange sounding to me considering I'm not much of a reader. In fact I don't like reading so much that when I finish blogging something I won't reread it.

I should probably explain how I randomly about an hour ago got to this decision. Recently I've been to koorong and brought a ton of books. Basically enough to last me another year of reading.

Another recent thing has been mission week at my church. It's one of those things I love and hate at the same time. I love it cos it really gets me thinking again about what I can do and stuff and I love thinking about that and planning ahead. What I really hate is thy every year it revives my 'i really want to do something' feeling. Its been a couple of years since I first got his feeling and since then it's been a quest to find a way to really serve and best make a difference as a Christian.

Everyone knows in order to make a difference etc you have to do something you are passionate about. Up until now I've always thought of myself as someone who is determined and possibly stubborn but that's not some skill you can use, unlike being good at basketball or someone who is really good at knitting.

It only struck me very recently that I Infact my possibly have a talent in talking or with words. I love talking and blogging (just like talking except I don't have to listen. Hahahah) and this got me thinking I could affect a lot of people like this. I feel too young to do something like start a charity but I'm pretty sure there's no age limit on book writing as long as you write well enough. After all I sort of have experience with my life I guess.

I'm actually really excited to get started and I often think of my life as a reality show (secretly I'm a reality tv show trashie. I LOVE THEM!!) and why not write it down just like one. No guarantees on whether I'll finis. I'm currently wondering about how words a normal book even has. Early days still so praying about this and hoping that it's Gods plan as well.

Xxxxx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment