For the last few days I've been at youth camp which has been really fun and an amazing experience where I've really been able to grow and reflect on my life as a Christian and to bond with all the youth from my church especially the girls in my youth group.
I really should be sleeping now cos well tomorrow I'm waking at 8 to get to the city by 9 for a day conference with my school Christian group but as always when I lie down I suddenly feel really awake.
Should probably share a few things that I've learnt over the also three days looking at the book of titus.
One of the main messages was on becoming a leader and the process of choosing a leader and becoming one. Although like it seems quite unrepentant for me cos it's not like I'm becoming a leader of a youth group or anything right now ( love to in the future though. It seems really fun and rewarding ) The thing I learnt is that you don't have to be a pastor or lead a youth group to be a leader and relate to Titus, not even a leader at your school youth group. You can be a leader of your friends or a leader of a group. Guess this really helped me as I think about all the things I'm trying to do to show that being a Christian is different.
Another thing was how to be a leader you have to be an example and not just a boss. You can't just tell everyone what to do but rather you need to show it in your life so the people you follow understand and see that you truly believe in what you do. This is a simple step something that you don't even have to think about being a leader to do.
I guess there some of the quick things that really stood out to me. I hope to be able to reflect in the next few days more about what we went through at camp but it was really awesome to spend quality time with Christians.
Although there was a lot of talks and bible study, there were also many funny and exciting events.
One of the highlights for me would e waking in the early hours of the morning at 4:00 with a couple of the girls to see some wild deers outside. Like we had spent ages thinking that someone in our cabin was snoring but couldn't figure who. Later we realised that, that noise was in fact the deers.
Also being able to bond and grow together sharing stories was good and learning about each other and the best way to support each other.
Watched a sunrise pics below (nb I'm working on my photography skills. Hahha they really suck). Hahah pretty jam filled weekend. That's enough for now I guess. Back to sleep. Hahahaha
Xxxxx Jo


No comments:
Post a Comment