I like to have days of reflection I guess you call them. Days after I've been learning heaps and listening to heaps of talks to be able to go through and look at the stuff, think about how I can apply and just become re energised in doing my job for God.
Must say that it's taken me a good half a day to start. And when I do start. Let's just say my sis distracts me by finding a book basically about when and how you tell your kid about baby making. After being read a few paws out loud. What can I say but wow I swear I so didn't need to know any of that.
Now back to my reflections. There are basically two places I like to read my bible and think. At night in bed and in the study which looks out onto the road and trees and stuff. I don't know why it's this spot. I guess it's cos it's a quite place where we all dont go. But I like reflecting and thinking here because it's a place which is quiet and like well there's stuff to look at like the people walking by and the occasional train.
I think the biggest thing for me today is realising EVERYTHING points to God. Like the hideous tree which currently is all stick and looks basically dead to me is Gods perfect creation. That tree is how I see bad things. Like it all seems horrible and makes you wonder what is wrong with whoever made that but it's only over time that you are able to see it grow and understand you have to pass the icky and gross phase to get to the reward just like how sometimes there is just a ton of bad things in life but it's after that you realise hey that wasn't so bad and that oh wow cos I did that im know able to do this.
Something else that really stands out for me while I go through my notes and try to read my bad handwriting is I guess the importance of the gospel. On one of the talks I've had over the last few days I wrote Why? And then because it's valuable and life depends on it. This got me thinking if your whole life depends on something WHY wouldn't you spread it?? If it was something that would benefit your health you would tell everyone but then why is that we don't tell everyone about the gospel. After all it's what our lives depend on. It's what will save us. With this in thought I shall be trying to make my mark and speak the gospel even through small ways like my actions and my thoughts. You don't have to constantly be speaking about the gospel to spread it. It CAN be done through your actions. YOU CAN be the one to do it. On this really inspiring thing for me. I pray that we'll all do our part and that in all we do, those around WILL see a difference.
xxxxx Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment