Sunday, 22 July 2012

22/07/12 - Power of You

I've really loved being one thumbed for the last couple of days (well the first twoish) now I'm really just getting sick of it and 'trying' my best not to use.

Some stories from the past few days. I've recently learnt that shockingly the thumb is quite important cos it affects the rest of the hand. Idk anyways my whole left hand is basically useless. One of the most annoying things for me is not being able to hold a cup under the tap. So (I'm actually really proud) I can't put the tap in the right sink cos stuff is always there but in the left sink the tap reaches just where the drain thingo is and it doesn't balance. My ingenious idea is that I put the cup anywhere in the sink. Turn the tap on and use my hand good hand to angel the water. I feel like a genius and it's a three in one. Get water. Wash hands. Build up immune system!!! (always good)

Now for something I'm really passionate in promoting and that's the power of prayer. Recently I started a girls prayer group for my youth group and it's really exciting for me to be able to pray for others and know that they are praying for you. I think Matthew 18:19-20 sums up the power of praying together quite well.
Again, I tell you that if two if you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be find for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them.
Pretty amazing I find that God listens to all prayers like all my 'important' problems as well as everyone else's. I trully believe that prayer is one of the greatest things. It's our communication to God and it's knowing God can handle it and will take over from your own burden.

I have this close friend who I'm trying to invite to a Christian event but her mum won't let her. It's been really exciting to see how a group of us praying for her has really helped to see her want to come and want to find out. Now it's prayer for her mum to allow her to come along. Praying alot for that recently.

One of my big struggles all through my life has been doing something for God. Making a difference and a change. It all motivates you and makes you want to do stuff. Some exciting stuff that I'm thinking of checking out is joining with an organisation. Currently I'm looking at OMF an organisation that focuses on bringing the gospel to east Asia.

I guess I have a passion for just doing stuff for Christ. Really hoping to go on an oversea short term mission but no idea when my dad plans to do that. Also I'll be travelling to hong kong at the end of the year where my patents are from. This time I really wanna go and find some organisation or charity to help at for a bit because the best memories are made from helping others. As much as I'm looking greatly forward to my domination of the world with the gospel it's also quite important to remember that I am where I am for a reason. Sent to my school for a reason and I'm just really looking forward to the rest of the year being all about Jesus and all about making the change, even if it's little steps through prayer.

xxxx Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment