I can't help but talk this late at night.
So I am tight with this yr 7 girl at my school and shes not a Christian but recently through her I've learnt so much about how I rely on God and how well in many days he is really crucial to me.
I guess the most obvious way for me is in schoolwork and assessments. I often see and here about the pressure she is under to deliver and hand in stuff. It is times like this that I really really feel that God makes a difference. Being able to give my problems to God is such an amazing feeling for me. It's not just like something being taken off y shoulders but like everythings going to be alright. Just cos I prayed I don't expect the work to be done by itself, it's more when I finish and look back I really see how God effects me in what I do.
Another one of the major differences is the assurance I have. The fact that I know everything will be fine and how I have hope to hold onto. This is one of the most crucial things that I know, things happen for a reason and that in someway it will be perfect in the end. The example I always use for this is my grade 3 piano test. Basically I am the worst piano student probably that ever existed. I never practise and I don't really care much for it so I suck. Anyways it was this one time more than any others that I felt like I couldn't take the stress so I spent a whole night praying. It started with Dear God help me to do my best tomorrow to. Dear God help me to just pass tomorrow. Later to Dear God I give this to you cos I know you have power over everything. I pray that no matter what happens you will help me to be satisfied with the result knowing I did all I could. I will just say the next day I failed and got a d. Although it wasnt as if I was jumping around for joy but there was this peace about it. Knowing that although I failed I did all I could and that life goes on. Now when I look back I see it as one of the greatest moments of my life because it hoed me realise that I'm not incontrol and that God answers prayers but most importantly you may not always see Gods result. Of course no one wants to fail but through this failure I have become a lot more closer to God.
Nothing can really describe the feeling of how free, at peace and content I feel when I can just give my problems away and know that all will be alright.
Xxx Jo (and Mel)
No comments:
Post a Comment