Tuesday, 5 June 2012

05/06/12 - Refuge in the Rain

I like to think that I'm one of those people that can tolerate a lot. So it was no surprise to many when I heard it would rain and didnt bring an umbrella. I was also really annoyed with the weather cos yesterday I wanted it to rain cos I was tired and wanted to sleep in sport.
Anyways I didn't have an umbrella which is normally fine but as I got off the train today it was actually pouring. So being the manly person I am, I wanted to brave the rain and not run. Trying to act normal I spent a few mins preparing myself before I headed off into the rain, debating whether to turn my iPod on.
Well anyways I decided it was time to brave the storm. (I also couldnt help to notice that it only stormed badly when I got off the train.) so I continued walking. It was then that a uni student came up to me and asked me which way I was going and then shared her umbrella with me. Although I still got quite wet and my whole shirt was drenched, I'm really thankful and so so so glad!!!!!!!!!! Actually it all reminds me of what I looked at in scripture today (Luke 12:22-34) and it has made me see how such a small thing can make people so thankful and happy. I'm actually wondering now whether to carry around an umbrella, ready to help others.


Xxxxxxx Jo (and Mel)
For some reason I'm having juice cravings right now. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment