Saturday, 9 June 2012

09/06/12 - Transforming Those Around

What I was gonna say before my technology issue was that I was really excited and happy this week because I guess I finally feel like I've tacked one of my biggest Christian hurdles: whether I do enough. Like I know it's not meant to be about doing stuff but like I've felt that I don't do anything and that I've been a helpless bystander with a sign saying I'm a Christian believe me it's true.

What's been happenning basically this week is that I've gradually been talking more and more about God and I've been able to help support a few close friends with questions they have and stuff. I've also been able to have a few amazing discussions and talks with really close Christian friends.

Another thing that has really got me excited is trying to make an impact on non-Christians. One thing one of my good friends Sophia told me this week was how her mum became a Christian through seeing how different and how worry free a Christians life is. This has inspired me to want to be the one that people associate with Christianity or the one where they go something is different about her.

One passage which ive always found inspiring has been Romans 12:6-8. It's a passage which has challenged me all my life as it talks about how we should use our strengths for God and as our part of the body. I'm all for this but I guess the bit that has always striked me most has been what is my strength?

Many people say I'm determined (which often results in stubbornness) but the thing with that is I have never been able to find out what I can do with this determination. I'm also good with younger kids which I guess I have been using especially today where I was helping with the child caring during an adults group thing. I like to think that by keeping children entertained that the parent will be able to evaluate their own life and stuff and come to find God. (I also LOVE children. Like maybe I'm crazy but it's just so fun and exciting)

Talking has also been one of my favourite things like I could talk all day and I guess I do. So it's been awesome to be able to talk to other about life and general things in the hope that they do find something unique about me. I guess I really pray that God gives me opportunities to share his word and to know what to say in these time.

The most special thing for me is using one of the things I love the most. TEXTING!!! Especially this week I've been able to text long and supportive messages to a few really really close Christian and non-Christian friends going through hard times. And I love to think it makes a difference or helps them in some way.

I'm just really thankful I have the support of many around me and especially at school who help me on a regular basis to be able to let my light shine.

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Xxxx Jo (and Mel)

No comments:

Post a Comment